NSV - Disney and Airport Security

Here's my "halfway to goal weight" post. 26 Male, SW: 292lbs in January CW: 229lbs GW: 185lbs

I've been working out, focusing on cardio and core with some occasional free weights, plus I walk a mile each day down and back up a 10% grade. The biggest difference for me has been eating properly. I've only missed 1 day of logging on MFP(added it the day after) since I started earlier this year and and I'm incredibly happy with my progress.

My fiance and I took a last minute trip to Disneyworld this weekend. I've been before when I was pretty darn big, and this time I have to say it felt amazing to walk around and be on our feet all day in the 80's/90's and not feel like I'm dying of heat stroke. Waiting and standing in line didn't kill my knees/ankles like it has in the past and I just felt so much better the whole time.

Now, here's the embarrassing part. We are both sort of (very much)procrastinators, so we were rushing to catch our flight out on Monday. Standing in line at airport security, with 24 minutes until our flight takes off, I realize I'm going to have to take my belt off. Well, this wouldn't have been a problem except for I put on some shorts that I love, but fit me perfectly while I was at my highest weight. Now, without a belt they literally fall off of me.

I would have just hopped into a bathroom and changed shorts before security, but we were running VERY late. So I relied on all the thoughts/prayers/good vibes I could muster and took off my shoes, bag, belt and went into the line for the body scanner. My fiance was right behind me in line and had realized what was going on. I had sort of folder the extra shorts material together and rolled it into the waistband of my underwear to maybe hold it up for the arms-over-head-scanner experience.

As I was called forward into the scanner my beautiful, amazing, mischievous and terrible fiance gives me a slap on the butt for good luck, then a slight tug down on my pants, undoing all of the underwear tucking and folding I had done. After shooting daggers with my eyes at her, I decide to put my feet and knees as wide apart as possible to try and keep my pants on. The TSA agent told me to put my feet on the silly narrow spots they have. Good vibes and prayers are gone, I'm resigned to just hopes now. I raise my arms when the TSA agent tells me to do so, my pants slowly fall down while I get scanned with my head hung in cynical laughter as I showoff my (much better toned than before)butt to everyone around. It gets much quieter and I can feel everyone's eyes on me.

TSA agent says "I don't think we'll need a patdown for you, go ahead" as I come out of the scanner. I am now sitting at home with my fat shorts in the trash, never to embarrass me again. I did get a cool story and looking back it's pretty funny, but I definitely didn't think so at the time.

​

Tl;dr - Had fun at disney for a couple of days in the heat, losing weight makes you feel good. Got to airport late and accidentally wore fat pants, showed everyone at the airport my butt because you gotta take the belt off. Don't be afraid to buy new clothes when you lose weight.

submitted by /u/harrybeachdog
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2X1fg1D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...