It’s my first birthday at GW and I wanted to share some insight and pics.

https://imgur.com/a/YVi86Ol 202lbs to 122lbs

I’ve been on here for a long time. r/loseit has been my Reddit home since feb 2017. I’ve hit my goal weight twice before, but life happens and I gained a few pounds back. So, third times a charm (it has to be!) and this is my first birthday since starting that I’m actually at my goal. I reached it about two weeks ago and have been carefully switching to maintaining since then.

I don’t know why my goal weight is 122. It’s the middle of a healthy BMI and it gives me an even 80lb loss. So why not? Am I happy with the work I did? Absolutely. I don’t feel like a prisoner in my bigger body anymore. Do I love my body now? Well, I’m trying to. I am learning to, and I definitely appreciate being smaller and more comfortable in my own skin.

I’m not the person who has the perfect inspiring story of losing a ton of weight and ending with the perfect body. I am the person who worked my ass off to lose the weight, but ended up with loose skin. Adding to that, I still have the “mommy pouch” stomach. My highest weight years ago was almost 250lbs, along with having a c-section, so I knew my body would never end up like most people on here.

But, I am happy. I am ridiculously content with my body how it is. It is a dream compared to where I used to be. I wanted to share this post along with a picture because I know there must be other people out there who won’t end up with the picture perfect body either. And I see so many people here afraid to lose weight because of loose skin. And I want these people to know that it’ll be okay. Loose skin isn’t guaranteed, however if it happens it’s not the end of the world. I feel like I’m beginning a new life with my new body, flaws and all.

I’m not sure if anyone can relate, but I hope someone will get something out of this.

submitted by /u/IAmThe0neWhoKn0ckss
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YPbYjF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...