Hello everyone! I [19M] have constantly struggled with weight all of my life. However, after having gone off to college I started loosing a lot of weight and nearing the end of my first year I have successfully lost over 40 pounds. I went from 220 lbs -> 179/180 lbs. However, even though I have gone from being classified as obese to overweight I constantly still feel and look fat. I know I still have a good way to go, but today was the first time that I really realized how far I have come.
Today I went shopping for clothes and two things happened. The first store I went into I found this nice shirt that I liked and instinctively went for the L/XL sizing. Asking the store attendant if I could try it on in a changing room the attendant gave me a puzzled look and said something about the size of the shirt. My pessimistic mind thought he said that the shirt was too small for me and that I should go up another size. However, when I got into the changing room and put on the shirt I noticed how baggy it was on me. It was then as I looked in the mirror that I realized that I should have gone with a s/m size (the shirt came in only three sizes: S/M, L/XL, and XXL). After asking the attendant if I could try on a S/M, which I was totally convinced wouldn't fit me, it fit me relatively well. I also think that the sizing was a bit off compared to other stores, but regardless, being able to feel comfortable in a S/M shirt was a really game changing experience. I felt really good about myself and was so proud of how far I have come.
The second thing that happened today was that I went into Urban Outfitters and went to their discount section. Since the summer is coming around and the weather is getting hotter, I was in the market for some light shirts that I could try on. I spotted a cheap ~$10 tank top and hesitantly decided to try it on in the changing room. Normally I would never consider wearing a tank top because I have always considered myself too fat to look good in them. But when I looked in the mirror I actually liked my appearance. So today I bought the first tank top in over a decade! Although, I still have some hesitations about wearing it in public since I do have a lot of body hair.
Honestly, today was a testament to how far I have come in this weightless journey and I would like to thank this r/loseit and r/progresspics for helping to motivate me through the ups and downs of this journey. I know that I still have a long way to go with my goal weight being 140, but I am excited to continue on my journey. I really hope that this post serves as inspirational for those of you out there that need motivation, just like I do. Good luck to everyone and congratulations on how far you have come in terms of progress and/or mental determination to embark on similar journeys towards better health and prosperity!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2IUJYpk
No comments:
Post a Comment