Feeling trapped in a house full of bad food choices

Long story short, I am absolutely stuck living with my parents until I graduate college next year (possibly later because I will need to save up money to move out), and the house is full of unhealthy food choices. I try to eat well, cut calories with intermittent fasting; it sometimes sticks for a week or two at most, and then my willpower fails and I binge on bad stuff for a day or more, undoing any progress I've made. But my mother refuses to get rid of the bad food in the house, especially because of my little brother, who has autism and is really picky with his food choices.

I just feel really trapped and don't know how to keep up a sustainably healthy lifestyle/lose the weight I need to lose in this house when willpower is a finite resource and most of my willpower goes towards passing my classes in the first place. If I was in my own place I know for a fact I wouldn't have temptation food stocked in the first place so it wouldn't be an issue.

I'm very frustrated. It has gotten to the point where I am starting to have no hope for the future. If anyone has some ideas or tips to help me through this time I'd really appreciate it.

submitted by /u/ilovewander
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2KR1MnT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...