Working out and eating right feels good. Binge eating and skipping the gym does not. Don't let your lizard brain trick you into getting it backwards.

Just got back into the gym after a 2 week spell of skipping for no real reason. Sipping my protein shake and realizing how good it feels, physically, mentally, and emotionally, to take concrete steps towards changing my body and lifestyle. However, this is a cycle: workout for a few days, feel great, "deserve a cheat / rest day", spiral out and binge eat / skip workouts for a few days, rinse and repeat. Something about the human brain hates change. The brain hates calorie counting, restriction, being told "No!". Sometimes its helpful to remind ourselves that working out and eating right isn't punishment for being fat. Working out and eating right is just self-care. Its the same as getting a good night's rest or taking a shower. No real purpose to this post other than to get some thoughts and emotions on paper (or keyboard). Feeling hopeful right now. :)

submitted by /u/TheHolyFonz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ExAFHY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...