When it comes to exercise, do whatever is easiest for you to stick to a schedule.

I HATE exercise, like truly and deeply hate exercise. I hate going to the gym, I hate running, I hate workout videos, I hate fad workout classes, etc. but the thing is, in order to be healthy you need to be active. Yes weight is lost in the kitchen, but health is about WAY more than just eating well so I feel I need to workout to be healthy.

Every-time I’ve tried to lose weight and become more fit in the past I’ve always combined a diet change with a new exercise venture. I’ve started the C25K about 5 times now and each time stopped around the 3rd week. I’ve researched and come up with 2-3 different weightlifting rotations and always stopped in the third week. Same with exercise videos/programs (also stopped in the third week).

The one time a self inflicted exercise regimen lasted for me (nearly 4 months) was when I was going to the gym 3x a week and just using the elliptical for 1 hour while I watched a new episode of a show I liked. On the alternate days I would take a 45 minute walk. After 4 months of this combined with a diet change I lost nearly 20 lbs. When I told my friends/coworkers most of them commented that it was such a boring way to workout and that I should do xyz program that they loved. So I stopped doing what worked and tried something new....no surprise I just stopped working out for the last 8 months.

I am the most basic bitch when it comes to exercise. I like taking walks/hikes when it’s not too hot outside or pounding away for 1 hour on an elliptical watching Real Housewives. That’s it. I have tried literally everything else and it all failed for me.

I want to lose the last 20 lbs I’m still carrying. So this time around I’m going to do what works. 3x a week in the gym watching and ellipticalling and 4x a week walking. I am not going to fall victim to my friend’s or family’s exercise plans or any other random fad exercise program on the internet. I’m just going to put in my headphone and do what I KNOW works for me.

Long story short: If you like to do awesome complicated programs go for that! If you like to run do that! Or if you’re like me and are just forcing yourself to move for 1 hour a day figure out what is the least offensive way you can do that and get it done!

submitted by /u/slimeythings
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JJiW6k

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...