When I say that losing it is expensive, I don't mean the process of losing it. Walking, hiking, running outside, bodyweight exercises are all free. I am certain that I pay less for groceries and dining out now that food goes a bit further for me. No, what I am talking about is the transition through various sizes.
Yesterday, I had to take my wedding ring in to be resized because it fell off my finger and (fortunately) into my purse. It was just another expense on top of a number of other expenses I have had as I went from a size 18/20/2x in May to my current size 8/m. In the past 10 months, I have:
- gone through no less than 10 bras and 5 sports bras as my size seemed to change monthly
- had to get new shoes because my feet shrunk (unexpected)
- had to get a new winter coat in November that is now 2 sizes too big
- have gone through numerous transitions of my wardrobe and alterations (thank you poshmark for enabling me to buy/sell through sizes)
- lost my ability to wear every one of my rings because they all fall off. Currently in the process of resizing some and selling others
- had to get new glasses because my frames were just too big for my face (needed them anyway, but this expedited the process)
- had to buy extra blankets for winter/pay a bit more for heat because I am always cold.
- have needed new athletic shoes for a few months now because mine are worn out - waiting until I recover enough from ankle surgery to get a sense of my needs
On the other hand, I won't have to pay for obesity related diseases, extra material for clothing (known by FAs as "the plus size tax"), etc.
What expected/unexpected expenses have you incurred?
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Tv7IWA
No comments:
Post a Comment