Lost 15-20 pounds by eating less, need gym/getting active help

Towards the end of 2018 I decided to finally start paying more attention to my weight/health rather than constantly dream about it. Included in this package I also decided to stop smoking and significantly reduce the alcohol (alcohol was never a serious problem, just a bit excess on the weekends at the bars/parties). In the past 4 months of eating healthier,no cigs/juul, and way less alcohol, I've noticed a big increase in my stamina and energy levels. This is the longest I've gone on this health journey and I think it is working because I mentally prepared myself weeks before I stopped smoking and started eating healthier.

I also have a newfound love for cooking and almost all my meals are home cooked with a new big emphasis on portion control. This was hard to get the hang of but I think is one of the key parts to losing weight. The only times I eat out are if I am away from home visiting someone or I ran out of power cooked meals and was too lazy to re-up my meals. This only lasts for about a day before I go back to the store and reprep. I generally stick to some vegetables/chicken or any fun receipe I find. I also try to drink a NutriBullet smoothie in the morning (generally lettuce/kale, strawberries, banana, and orange and a ton of water in there). I've been pretty consistent with it.

I am a 5'11 male. My max weight was around 210 LBS last summer and at the end of 2018 I was around 200-205. I am now somewhere between 188-190.

I've gotten compliments on how I look thinner which is nice but still when I look in the mirror I have these negative thoughts and images in my head that I am not where I want to be. I think I want to start incorporating the gym in my routine.

I never really got into working out throughout my days and the most I've worked out consistently was for about a week or 2 then quit. I would workout for those few days/weeks and see "no results" and stop. The thought of running even a half mile now makes me exhausted. I never minded lifting but TBH I never really know what I was doing and kind of just bounced from machine to machine.

Now that I have this new energy what I am looking for is how to get that motivation to go to the gym and start a fresh workout plan for myself? I am not looking to be the next body builder but just some dude with a decent body and to get into the gym to get my body moving a bit more. After losing 15-20 pounds this year through eating less, I realized that it does take time to form the pattern and lose bad habits but there is that lingering thought of the treadmill and cardio that makes me dread it and start making excuses.

Can anyone share their late-to-the-party experience with getting into a consistent gym routine and how to maintain it and not quit after a few days/weeks? Maybe what you started with first to get the rhythm going?

submitted by /u/monaflipas
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FsSV5J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...