Long rant on how I screwed up

In the beginning of 2018 I was 350 lbs. I got a bunch of motivation to start losing. I read up on intermittent fasting, how to eat healthy, and a bunch of other things! I found this sub reddit and I got even more motivation because I saw amazing people doing amazing things with their body's and I wanted to be like them. By may of 2018 I was down to about 285 lbs with only stepping into a gym for those later 15 pounds to get into the 200s faster.

Then Ramadan came around. Anyone who is Muslim or knows any Muslims know that even through your fasting 15+ hours it's really hard to lose weight. All the parties and eating with family makes you eat way more than you want. And Arab desserts killed me because we would have them every night. I was almost back to 300 lbs by the end of it. I tried getting back on track, but it was so difficult. I would intermittent fast some days but most I would splurge.

I got a crappy full-time job and the guys in the office go out to eat every day and I stopped bringing a lunch so I can hangout and eat with them. I wouldn't get home until after 6PM and I was too lazy to cook. I would eat out every day and snack on cookies and chips in front of the TV or computer. Now at this moment I'm back up to 330 lbs

The worst part is that the people around me saw me doing so well. They were so proud of me and I was proud of myself. I hate going out because I don't want people to see that I failed.

Today I'm intermittent fasting and I'm quitting my crappy and depressing job. I'm getting a part-time job this week and I'm going to focus more on school. And most importantly I'm going to start forming a body that I can love.

Sorry for the rant. I'm too embarrassed to tell this to any of my loved ones. Even through my tough spot in life the past year I still stayed subbed to this sub reddit and seeing you all succeed makes me happy and motivates me. Wish me luck and thank you.

submitted by /u/saiyan65
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2EO7wK9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...