Food question: is a higher calorie salad better or a low calorie sandwich?

I’ve been trying to mix up my lunch lately and I switch between salads and lately I tried having a tuna sandwich.

Tuna sandwich was 420 calorie with just lettuce in it and tuna salad.

The salad I get is a while robust mix of stuff including avocados corn beans some tortilla chips jalapeños and all the yummy stuff. It’s around 500 calories.

If I want to stick to 1200 a day, having that salad makes everything a bit tight but it’s soooo yummy. I don’t know what to do.

Is having a sandwich better than a salad? I mean I was thinking the salad was healthier and more nutritious vs a sandwich which is probably higher is carbs.

What’s your take on choosing calories wisely? Higher salad calories or lower sandwich calories?

I mean there’s the camp of people that just count calories without looking at nutrition too. I also looked at that perspective but I’d want it to be healthy and low cal in the ideal world.

Thanks!!!

submitted by /u/bluewaterbottle1234
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WwDm4b

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...