I don’t know why I would write this, but here is my story. I was lurking on reddit (with another deleted account) for a lomg time, and when I saw many people here using a balance measuring how much energy do they take in. I was very astonished. I asked myself: how could these people do so much to improve their shapes and health, while I sit idle all day, without caring much about my own body? One of the two things I really own? If I was disgusted with my own body, how could I expect other people to treat me with respect? That was the beginning at the winter vacation, and I thought I should give it a try at least.
Of course, due to the nature of cooking and food style in China, it is impossible to track all the calories in numerical accuracy. But I dramatically alters what I am going to eat per meal. I suddenly found that most food I ate was not to sate my actual needs. And I don’t really have to eat so much. So I forgo half of the rice I have per meal, and significantly reduce the meat and edible oils (rapeseed and vegetable oil, mostly) intake in my supper and lunch.
And I decide diet is not really enough. I should build my muscles and strengthen my cardio if I were to achieve a better state of health. So I got myself a card at the local gym and went there on a daily basis. Out of 30 days of vacation I went there for 25 days. Roughly run 4km at 10.5km/h or 20 minutes of HIIT per day and do some more strength training. I find it to be quite an enjoyable pastime to be honest, to empty your head for a moment and just use your body and rely on intuition, as Jean-Jacques Rousseau or Henry D. Thoreau would like all humans to do.
Now I’m back to the uni, and I hope I can hold on to my old habit and do not just excuse myself for the burden of study. My weight have already dropped from 90kg to 82kg (178cm, male) duting the winter vacation, and I plan to reduce it to around 74kg. But that’s not the most important thing. I think what this sub teaches me are that everyone should watch what they put into their mouth, and that developing a long-term interest in exercising is beneficial. I hope I could succeed, and I wish all the people who are struggling with their weight could succeed, too.
PS: Sorry for my rumbling style of English. I’m not a native speaker.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XI49f9
No comments:
Post a Comment