305 to 220lbs

Hey all, I'm a 28 year old female, 5'9, lightly active lifestyle. I just wanted to share my progress with calorie counting, cognitive behavioral therapy and treatment of my binge eating disorder and alcoholism. This progress took about a year and I hope to lose 45 to 55 more.

For the sake of content I'll tell you guys a bit more about myself and how I lost it.

I've struggled with weight since I was a child. My family is all obese, not just close family but extended. During my teenage years I developed eating disorder behaviors, mainly heavy food restriction and excessive exercise. Eventually those habits turned into binge eating disorder in adulthood. I also abused substances as a teenager and young adult that I no longer abuse, however I continued to use alcohol and food for coping into adulthood. I was in a bad relationship for about two years where my only comfort was food and alcohol. I gained about 100lbs during that time.

After finally getting out of that situation I sought therapy and began treating my depression as well as calorie counting. I don't have all good days and I do get stuck sometimes, but we all have the cards we're dealt and I think I'm finally learning how to play with the one I was dealt.

http://i64.tinypic.com/29p5baf.jpg

submitted by /u/the_walrus0
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HHSbN4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...