Swap it, don't stop it.

We have a campaign slogan here in Australia that encourages the Australian public to make simple swaps in their diets to help encourage healthy eating. The reason I'm mentioning it is because it helped me lose 20kg of weight over a 1-2 year period. The best part about it was that it was not a shock to my system, I simply started by changing from white bread to brown.

I think everyone has their problem foods and I think mine was always bread. I could endulge in large quantities very easily, having at least 4 per meal and sometimes doing that 2-3 times a day. Changing to brown made me full after only 2 and kept me fuller for longer. I simply could not eat 4. This is when I started to notice an initial and sudden drop in kg's, which inspired me to keep going.

Slowly I found myself changing many parts of my diet. My chocolate sweets went from milk to dark chocolate, fatty meats became leaner, soft drinks became light cordial and eventually water, and butter became light olive spread. I let it happen slowly that my body felt it needed these changes, and only then did I change it.

I think the mental component of letting your body naturally change is why I kept to it. I actually felt like these adaptations and my brain was like yup that's cool I'm still eating the same stuff you do you.

Anyway, I hope this helps at least one person out there.

submitted by /u/MartyBeeBenson
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2GndpzM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...