My classmates complimented the way that I’m eating!

I know, it’s silly to get excited over this, but I really wanted to share!

I’ve been taking a lighter lunch to school everyday for my CICO journey (usually grapes, an orange, and some Wheat Thins or some other type of crackers. A half sandwich or a hard-boiled egg, if I’m tired of crackers or need something more). It usually totals in the 300s-400s (today was 434 calories). That way, I can enjoy a bigger dinner and still maintain a deficit (I’m using 1600 calories as my limit).

I was eating my orange, and one of my classmates says “you’ve been eating so healthy!” I sit next to her in most of our classes and at lunch, so she sees what I eat. That made me feel really good. My classmates, including her, that I sit with asked me a few weeks ago “that’s so little! Are you on a diet?” I said something like “nah, I’m just trying to fix some bad habits.”

It just felt really nice. I was self-conscious and ashamed about what I ate before starting CICO, but now I can just focus on enjoying the company of people around me at lunch instead of “omg, that looks so good, I wish I could eat that.”

Nah. Orange slices, nice conversation, and 5 lbs lost (so far). That’s making me feel good.

submitted by /u/pastrypeasant92
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2U2WeXx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...