I started browsing this sub back in November, and it motivated me to try and get in shape. Since November 12th, I've lost 50 pounds, which feels amazing! Part of having done that, though, is that I finally switched over from using caffeine to control my ADHD, to a proper prescription medication - Concerta.
The issue I'm struggling with now, is that I'm always hungry at night. Like all stimulants, Concerta acts as an appetite suppressant until it wears off. This leads to me needing to force myself to eat during the day, as even small amounts of food leave me feeling over-full and bloated, but being unable to feel fully "satisfied" when I eat once it starts wearing off around 8PM.
Currently, around 70% to 80% of my daily caloric intake is during the last 4 to 6 hours of my day, between 8PM and 2AM, and it's a struggle to stay under my daily calorie goal due to that. I'd like to be building healthy habits, and a large part of how I ended up over 320 pounds in the first place was late night snacking already, so I'm wondering, for the general r/loseit community, and specifically for anyone who has been on stimulants:
What do you do to control your late-night urges to eat?
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VbkNBP
No comments:
Post a Comment