Before we get worried, I'm not concerned about anorexia. Its more about switching gears in "creating a new normal". 5'2" woman, went from 170 to 111, slow and steady, a long and great process of change in eating and exercise with WW and some CICO in there sometimes. I work out 5x a week and the other 2 days, walking and yoga. BMI and body fat are both in the low end of normal. Regular diet is filled with fresh fruits, proteins, whole foods, and tastes great. Still occasionally go on date nights and have treats on holidays and vacations. In sum- all is well.
So here's the thing. The number in my mind- my goal- was always 109. Not totally sure why, and its def. on the lower end of low-normal and very close in practical terms to 111. I feel like there still might be a little left in the tummy to shed, but I'm also not 100% sure what part of that is actually lose skin(?). The past 3 months I've been weighing every day (just part of the morning routine, number goes to the app on my phone, makes a pretty graph) and I have a series of small waves between 111-114lbs. In this time, I've been living my life and this wave includes those vacations, dinners out where I don't count anything at all, holidays, etc. So- pretty stable and predictable (up to 113-114lbs after some extra, back down to 111lbs in a couple of days when back in routine), and from CICO, I know what I did to lose and what it takes to keep this going.
But... I've been super frustrated. WHY CAN'T I GET RID OF THESE LAST 2-5LBS?!?! This last stupid tummy roll! SO frustrating. I was venting to my husband and he said "Maybe your body just wants more like 111lbs. This is a great body and maybe that's what your body weighs."
I reflected on that a while and came to the conclusion that maybe he's right, and maybe its time to switch out of "lose it" mode and into more "maintenance". But that is where I am stuck- in my head. I *AM* essentially IN maintenance. I'm doing it. Those small rolling hills within a 3 lb range for months, routines and everything else is stable, and even though I've been "working" toward those last few pounds, I have not drastically been reducing calories or sacrificing food quality or social benefit of big family Friday night dinners (I might "squeeze a bit tighter" during the work week sometimes to see if I can chip away to 109 and a few times I've gotten to 110, but that has often been a result of caloric deficit that was pretty uncomfortable and therefore was unsustainable when I would naturally gain a pound or two).
So- how do I come to terms that *this is it* after such a long journey and knowing that to maintain still takes pretty much the same amount of work but I will not longer see "progress"? What new goals do you set? How do I come to terms with this belly roll that seems like it should go but maybe won't? How do I stop fiddling with the intense monitoring of CICO/WW points that it takes near the end and switch to the mental mindset of *maintenance* and be proud of myself for actually doing it?
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2SjqwaJ
No comments:
Post a Comment