Goal Achieved!

Progress Pic

​

In October 2017 I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. I was as unhealthy of an eater as you could get. Constant fried food, cheese, bacon, fast food, etc. No exercise, eating terrible food late at night. I went to a local clinic because I thought I had a UTI. They took a urine sample, and found no sign of an infection, but said there were high amounts of ketones in my urine. They did a finger prick to check my blood sugar, and the doctor told me either they can call me an ambulance, or I can drive myself, but either way I had to go to the hospital. I drove myself to the ER, found out that I had type 2 diabetes, kept me overnight to bring down my sugar, and give me fluids, showed me how to check my blood sugar at home, and how to inject insulin, and that was that. I made an appointment with an endocrinologist, and I asked him if there was any way that i can reverse the diabetes by eating right, and losing weight. He told me he’d rarely seen anyone lose the amount of weight I’d need to lose in order to possibly reverse my diabetes, but that it was possible. That day I set a personal goal to drop to 200 lbs. Today I reached my goal. Within the last 14 months I had other goals that I achieved as well. Within 3 months of being diagnosed I lowered my HbA1c from an 8.6 to a 4.6, and soon after that was taken off insulin, and switched to oral medication that I take at dinner. I bought myself a fitbit, and started to walk daily. I started out with just a mile every day, and now I'm walking 2 miles, 2-3 times a day plus weight lifting at the gym 6 days a week. I still don't know if I'll be able to be taken off my medication - I meet with my endocrinologist next week. Finger's crossed!

​

Edit - Starting weight was 360 lbs.

submitted by /u/Memento_Mori_5
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Dvv6cJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...