So, for a little context, I’m a 6 foot tall woman, and I’ve struggled with my weight my whole life. At the moment I weigh 280lbs, but I’m usually between 230-200, and my goal weight has always been 180lbs. I’m tall, and my weight goes to “to the right places” whatever that means...
Anyway, any time I’ve been actively trying to lose weight, people have told me that I shouldn’t be dieting and I’m not fat. I always try to stay positive and own my reality. Even so, they get really uncomfortable, and that makes me uncomfortable. I think they believe they’re being helpful. “You’re not fat” must seem innocuous enough, but it’s really so discouraging.
Now that I’ve shot up to 280lbs, people are staying a little more quiet (which honestly is a bit unsettling) when I talk about trying to lose weight, but I’m worried that I’ll get to the lower 200s and have the talk start up again.
Do you have any similar experiences? How do you keep yourself motivated in the face of “helpful” people?
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2RI1WQH
No comments:
Post a Comment