Transiting from calorie counting to intuitive eating, gonna try it out for a week.

Just hit my stretch goal today! Down to 56kg from 72kg last September. Did this mainly through strict calorie counting and running 2-3x per week, but calorie counting is stating to wear me out. I prep most of my food and tend to want to be exact about my measurements. Calorie counting is starting to occupy too much of my thoughts and I'd like to try to break away from it.

Not exactly confident about diving in straight to intuitive eating so I'm giving myself a week to try it out. I will carry on with my regular meal prep and see if the habits that I've built over several months will pay off. Also, I want to wean myself off daily weigh-ins and will be weighing myself weekly instead. Hoping to find balance and have less food related thought clouding my mind.

If my weight is up next week, I'll return to calorie counting until I gain more confident to stop relying on it.

Has anyone managed to transit from strict calorie counting to intuitive eating? I'd love to have some tips!

submitted by /u/printmaniac
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2sd7Pqx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...