Need a little bit of Tuesday motivation!

Context: I’ve always been overweight in some capacity throughout my life. Never really anything major, mostly 20-25 pounds above my goal weight. I always pushed it aside because it didn’t seem like a lot, when in reality if that were the case, I would have just buckled down and did the work to get rid of it.

Anyway, back in June 2018 I went back onto an SSRI for the first time since I was 16 to deal with anxiety and while it worked for the anxiety, it sparked a pretty heavy handed depression. I’ve since stopped the meds, realizing the trade off was even worse, but not before I gained about 30 pounds over 6 months. Now I’m sitting at 50+ pounds above my goal weight and shit is looking really bleak. I’m so fucking mad at myself and although I’m feeling better, (switched the pharma meds out for CBD oil) I’m still dealing with the tail end of that depression and having zero motivation to put in the hard work even though I know I feel crappy specifically because of the weight. It really is a brutal cycle. Anyone else dealing with the same thing and have any suggestions for getting out of that funk and staying serious?

SW: 236 GW: 180

submitted by /u/riotatlantic
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FW1CYX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...