M/32/6’1 CW: 260 GW: 220

Howdy Y’all. I am an ex army Oil and Gas Engineer that travels at least 50% of the time. I have been trying to get a training and diet routine going with little success. Since taking my current job about a year ago I have gained 25-30 lbs. I have come across a few issues (most solved by a little more discipline).

Current workout and plan change.

I currently just lift and play Pokémon GO. Yes I am one of those nerds, but it gets me out of the hotel and moving around. My weight lifting routine is chest, back, shoulders, arms, and legs each with their own day. Usually for about 30 mins with short rest periods (45 sec).

I plan to change my workouts to a different split and add cardio 3 days a week (20-30 mins jogging). Need lifting split will be chest/Triceps, Back/biceps, and Legs/Shoulders.

I have had little success finding time in the evening so I am planning to switch my workout time to the morning (3:15 if in the office, 4:00 if on the road). I plan to have a preworkout(not sure which one yet) next to the bed to take about 15 mins before I actually get up. My equipment is in my garage when I am home (300 lbs Olympic set, 100 lbs adjustable dumbbells, adjustable squat rack, and adjustable bench). Cardio will probably be in the afternoon when time allows.

Diet changes: I have tried many diets over the years, Keto and Whole 30 are the most recent. A super restrictive diet doesn’t work well with my always fluctuating schedule. Thinking about adding in fasting but not at first. I’m going to try to keep it simple by avoiding the “bad” stuff and keeping track of my calories using “loseit app”. This is always the challenge for me. I do stress eat at times and I eat fast. I’m going to try to stop both those.

Well I’ll see how it goes. Any tips someone in a similar position has, or something I should add or take away are much appreciated.

submitted by /u/chemistdw
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FjBaZc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...