So my whole life I have been overweight. I was always the fat girl in school. I was the fat friend that could never borrow clothes from her friends. I wore jackets in the summer because I thought they helped hide my stomach but now I realize they never did. At my highest weight I was 240lbs. This was when i graduated high school. I got comfortable with my life. I had a boyfriend for 2 years and I figured that life couldn’t get better.
Fast forward to last year when I was having trouble breathing and I developed GERD. My quality of life went downhill fast. I developed really bad anxiety, I didn’t want to leave my house because my symptoms from GERD got so bad that sometimes after I ate I’d throw up almost immediately and I didn’t want to be seen by anyone.
I ended up in the hospital because I couldn’t keep food down, my esophagus was so enflamed I couldn’t swallow. I had to have surgery and it was a real wake up call for me.
I cut out any food that could irritate my stomach, I went cold turkey. No fast food, no caffeine, no chocolate. My whole world changed.
The first 2 months were the shittiest. I constants craved McDonald’s and KFC but I knew I couldn’t cave or it would all be for nothing.
My relationship with my boyfriend of 2 years ended because he was no longer supportive, he liked “the bigger me”
I kept going and over the course of a year I’m now the smallest I’ve been since elections school. I’m 165lbs now. I’m still dieting and exercising and I feel amazing.
The first thing people say when they see me is “wow you’ve lost so much weight “ and it really feels like I accomplished something. I’m so proud of myself that I was able to do this and I have so much more self confidence now.
I feel like I can do anything, don’t give up it’s worth it!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2ScClj4
No comments:
Post a Comment