I've been doing a super heavy fruits and veggies focused CICO diet for 3 weeks now and have lost 15IBs so far. I usually do smoothies in AM, a huge salad for lunch, with cashews or jerky for snacks, and something relatively normal and tasty "read carnivorace or carb heavy" but portion controlled and homemade for dinner and a goodly amount of exercise. I've avoided eating out almost entirely because as disciplined as I've been the last 3 weeks all of my cravings to over eat have been there and I just knew that given something I REALLY liked I would over indulge. It's a killer diet but I didn't trust myself to moderate because I never had before. Fast forward to yesterday afternoon and work let us out at 3 due to snow (us Mid-Atlantic states are terrible with snow). Wife, who does not need to be on diet but has been eating same food as me in solidarity, is having really rough day working from home and says shes getting so sick of fruit and salads. I resolve to do the unthinkable and go to Wendy's on the way home and get her her favorite meal even though it's really too early for dinner. I tell myself I won't get anything, but as I pull into drive through I know I will. But then instead of getting the asiago ranch spicy chicken with bacon, a large fry, coke and honestly maybe a baconator as well for the ride home for myself, I just get a spicy chicken sandwich without the extra fixings, a small fry and no drink. I honestly surprised myself. The meal was still 800 calories but held me over till 7:30 when I had a MUCH smaller dinner then normal and to my shock I still came out ahead at 1600 calories (my self imposed limit is 1800) . My normal order prob would have been at least 1600 calories all by itself and I still would have eaten a full dinner. It was simultaneously a reminder of just how much I had been overeating AND how I can still enjoy the same foods I used to as long as i plan the rest of my day around it and don't go crazy. Anyways sorry for long winded post, but even though I had been technically succeeding in my diet I am not sure I could have sustained the more extreme restrictions and this was a great reminder that I don't always need to as long as I eat in moderation and plan around those occasional bad meals.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2MGtXTV
No comments:
Post a Comment