And I was so scared and nervous.
Some background....I used to be at the gym all the time. I was so fit and I had progressively gotten to my goal weight. I was strong, like serious muscles goin on.
And then I sprained my ankle in a dance class. It took me over 6 months to recover. In that time the pain and routine break effected my depression along with emotional issues with my toddler.
Then pirformis (small glute muscle) inflamation caused sciatica kept flaring up. Then flare ups with costocondritus (inflammation of sternum joints). The pain was unbearable but would go back and forth.
So early January I saw my doctor again and she put me on a super anti-inflammatory and it's all gone. But now I'm working back into workout and today was my first cardio class. I did a pilates class and a rock climbing night without issues last week. But cardio is a whole different thing.
Thank God my instructor is amazing and gently provides adjustments and modifications and tons of encouragement. And afterwards she saw I was near tears and just gave me the best hug and let me cry it out.
So tl;dr - it was a productive and emotional first day. And hopefully tomorrow I don't have pain. The fear of pain is sometimes just as paralyzing as the actual pain.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2DDFtwm
No comments:
Post a Comment