Advice for lifts which don’t put pressure on lower spine/hips/pelvis/femurs? Cancer ate my bones...

I’m coming to the end of the hellish experience that is chemotherapy, and want to start building up my strength after four months of being almost entirely sedentary.

My issue is that my cancer presented mostly in my lower spine, hips, pelvis and femurs and so the bones there are weakened significantly.

I’m trying to walk 2000 steps a day (with help from a crutch) but would like to get into the gym and do some lifting.

Obviously I can’t be doing squats or deadlifts (for now - watch out 2019, I’m coming for ya) and so wondered if anyone could advise me about the sort of lifts I might find helpful to concentrate on?

Thanks so much in advance.

submitted by /u/TheFancyFoxy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2AyW2rd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...