Whooaaa... we’re halfway there... now let’s reset!

I’m not sure if this is a stupid idea or a smart one, so wanted to throw this out there!

I am 29F, 5’2”, and just realised I am currently halfway to all my goals:

  • starting weight 152 lbs, current weight 134 lbs, goal weight 118 lbs (i.e. 18 lbs lost, 16 to go)
  • starting BMI = 28; current BMI = 24.5; goal BMI = 21
  • starting clothes size was UK 12 (equivalent to US 8). Current size is UK 10 and goal size is UK 8

The first half was easy. IF, CICO and enjoyable exercise - sustainable lifestyle changes.

Part of me now feels like “this is good enough! Let’s maintain now”. It’s almost like making progress has made me complacent. (I never really had poor body image or confidence even at my biggest, so that’s not a motivator).

Now, my new idea: to motivate myself to continue on with the second half of my journey, I’m going to wipe all my progress.

I.e.: instead of saying “18 lbs lost, 16 to go”, I’m going to say to myself “134 lbs is my start weight, I need to lose 16 lbs.” Because otherwise I get caught up with patting myself on the back for the first 18 lbs. And we all know the first pounds lost are the easiest!

I’m hoping that mentally “resetting” my progress will help me recapture some of the motivation and energy we all have when we first start our losing journeys.

I got the idea from running - I do laps around the park, and obviously the first lap is the easiest. So to get myself through the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th laps, I try to “trick myself” into thinking that it is my first lap and I’ve just started the run!

Has anyone else ever done something similar?

submitted by /u/MundaneCommission
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QSnaed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...