The only way I can improve my life is losing weight.

Hi guys! Long time lurker first time posting here on this sub. I'm female, just turned 33 on November 24th. I've been overweight for the last 10 years and I have reached the highest weight now 265 lbs (I'm 5'7). Honestly, there's so much shit going on in my life right now that I feel like the only thing I can control is my weight. For the first time in perhaps 2 years this is the first time I'm thinking about eating right and exercising. A little background here: I am a Pharmacist and just finished my PhD. It's been 6 months looking for a job and nothing. For some positions my cv is too good, for others is shit. And this has given me HUGE anxiety even before I graduated. Anyway, what I am thinking is that the things I can control are what I eat and exercise. So I decided to give it a try. Let's see if this also helps me find a job, since I have already experienced prejudice for being fat during my grad school years. Just needed to vent, write it down somewhere. I'm tired of this life I'm living but I never gave up on school and things like that... So why was it so hard for me to make myself a priority? I'm the priority now (and myself just happens to be the only thing I have left). Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my first language and I'm writing this in the middle of the night - just woke up from a nightmare). Best luck to all of us. Let's make this happen because this is the only thing we can control.

submitted by /u/blackthatha
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2L4cbJh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...