Sooo... for a least the last 25 or so years I've been unhappy with my weight. Never super huge, but never anything less than a large in clothing usually. I'm 5'5 so I've usually coasted between 165-185 for that time, my highest being 192 (except for pregnancy). I've yo-yo'd and told myself umpteen million times "This time is gonna be the time". (Sound familiar to anyone out there?)
Anyhow, for the past 5 years or so, I've been saying to a friend of mine "I'm gonna make it to the 150's this time ... and when I do we're gonna have a party". Well, I started this particular journey at 185, and when I hit that 159 mark it made me want to cry in happiness. I finally stuck to something. This morning, my scale told me 148 (I do fluctuate a decent amount, so I won't proclaim too much victory until I'm consistently in the 140's). But 148. I've SURPASSED the 150's! (Also I still have to throw that party I talked about...) Still have a good 10-15 to go but I feel so very much better.
I've never been able to stick to anything like this before. For me, I think it's because I always had the mindset before that I needed to get to the gym... and while I enjoy some forms of exercise, the gym workout is not one of them. So I always failed. Also this time, I really took control of what I was putting in my mouth. Like, really. Times before I'd cut out treats or I'd not eat bad stuff for a couple days. I'd even tried MFP at the time and hated it so I didn't stick with it. This time, with MFP, a daily limit of 1300 (which I can add to if I exercise) and the mindset that this is a slow, steady climb... the weight is finally coming off. I can finally stick to it. I also play some sports and do a ton of walking. I feel so much more comfortable in my skin - and now people are noticing!!! I've had so many comments at work recently that it is such a huge boost. I'll use it to keep on going.
December is hard - but I also realized it's already the 20th! I've already almost conquered December!!! Thanks to this sub (and a few others on Reddit) it has mad the biggest difference of all, I think!!!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SZqCkz
No comments:
Post a Comment