I gained back the weight I lost and now I can't seem to find the right way to lose it again

New here!

I'm a 5'5" Female age 23 and I gained back the weight that I lost about two years ago.

I used to be 150lbs ever since high school and looked as chubby as I felt. I wasn't overweight, but I was pretty close to being there. I avoided the freshmen 15 in college because my college was on top of a mountain basically and I even manged to get into the 140s, but still wasn't happy with my appearance. A year later I started playing roller derby and over the course of a year of skating for 3 hours a day twice a week and more over the summer, I managed to lose 35lbs and maintain my ideal weight of 115lbs. However, I had to quit roller derby to focus on my studies and while I still got exercise in, it wasn't as much as I was used to. In the year that I quit roller derby until now I gained back almost all of that weight, weighing in around the 140/135lb mark. My doctor says I'm still at a healthy weight, but I can't fit into the clothes I bought when I weight 115lbs anymore and it's devastating for me.

I've tried eating better, calorie counting, exercising more, diet plans like the keto diet but I just can't seem to find the motivation to keep doing those things. I know my main success from before was doing vigorous exercise and eating well balanced meals, but I'm in grad school now and balancing school, work, and health seems so challenging. I generally don't have much energy after I get out of class/work to do vigorous exercise and I opt for frozen or cheap ways of eating because I don't feel like cooking a healthier/fresh meal.

I just don't know what to do anymore in trying to get that motivation back to lose weight again and keep it off. Can anyone help?

submitted by /u/princessmei
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Gvm0l2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...