I can lose weight without "dieting"

I used to weigh over 285 lbs at one point. A few years ago I went on a keto diet with a goal weight of 180 lbs. I eventually got down to under 220 lbs, but then I went self-employed. No more walking every day plus a whole load of sitting down led to me regaining about 35 lbs over a few years. I tried a couple of times to restart my diet, but nothing really stuck.

In June I turned 30. While I was a lot skinnier than my biggest size, I was really disappointed that I never finished hitting my goal. So on July 1st, I decided to start making an effort again.

At first, I was dieting super hard, eating less than 1,000 calories per day. Then after a month of that, I chilled out a bit. I cut out some booze and just started listening to my body, only eating when I was really hungry.

I have one big meal per day, and maybe a snack on a night. On a weekend, I allow myself to drink loads of beer and eat a big pizza. There's no more calorie counting, or worrying about macros, I'm just eating and drinking sensibly.

Long story short, I am consistently losing about 5 lbs per month, and I am not consciously dieting at all. When I recommitted myself to losing weight in July, I weighed 245 lbs. Today, I weighed in at 217 lbs, meaning I'm back to my lowest ever weight. Huzza!

If I continue like this, I'll be at my original goal weight of 180 lbs by July. I plan to increase my exercise in the coming months to hopefully hit my goal weighty by about May instead.

TL:DR Listen to your body, not your cravings, and never eat because you're bored.


Some stats, for those of you who care about that stuff. I'm a 30 year-old male, 5'11". Highest weight ~287 lbs, current weight 217 lbs.

submitted by /u/xpoc
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QT13V8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...