How do you make time for exercise and self-care in general? Really need motivational stories.

Hi r/loseit.

I’ve been a lurker for years even though I never struggled with my weight. I have always struggled with my health, though. I never have energy. I have no stamina. I really just want to lead a healthy lifestyle and FEEL good.

I was supposed to kick off this new sustainable self-care journey today but got a cold and now I simply can’t work out or get things off my to-do list as planned but in general here are my pain points (and granted I know everyone is busy and I’m not special but I need help managing it):

Schedule Overview

1.) I work 9:30 am to 6 or 7 pm.

2.) I have a 35 minute commute each way via train.

3.) Twice a week I take a class after work from 7 - 8:30 (this is part of my self-care journey. Super excited to add something to my schedule for me)

4.) I see my boyfriend at 9:30 pm - 11:00pm M - F because he’s doing his residency and his schedule is out of whack which barely leaves us time to see each other (only another year to go!). We usually grab dinner at this time which I’m trying to change because it’s usually not the most nutritious food. Weekdays I’m generally in bed by 11:30 but I sleep very poorly unless I take Benadryl (no idea why).

On days without my class, that leaves me 6:30 pm to 9:30 for “me”. I get home, change, take care of my pet and it’s 7:30. Then I try to tidy up & take care of religious obligations and now it’s 8:30. I have a gym in my building but if I work out for 30 min at this time I need to shower and change before seeing my boyfriend which I CAN do but it just seems unnecessarily burdensome.

On days with my class (only twice a week) I’m home by 9 and would not have time to exercise. Ideally I would like to work out in the morning but I never wake up early enough. How do people just force themselves to workout? Mornings I know are the only time I would but I’m just always exhausted. Will exercise fix this?

Weekends are easier, I just need to start but M-F I’m really struggling to exercise and eat healthy. I also need to make time to pack my lunch so I don’t eat out (although I have 5 more meals I need to eat out for lunch since I’m on a lunch subscription plan).

Any way sorry if this is ranting. I really just need motivational stories of how all of you fit in your self care + exercise time with your busy schedules.

submitted by /u/nyclothequestion
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PdD5iq

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...