How do you handle shame after a huge re-gain?

Long story, but earlier this year I got down to my lowest weight in years through a huge amount of hard work and a lot of exercise and had lost about 9 stone overall. Fast forward 6 months, and Ive regained more than half of what I lost, due to a combination of things - hurting my foot, my binge eating coming back with a vengeance and a ridiculous amount of overindulgence over an extended run up to Christmas.

Now none of my clothes fit, I feel and look fat and ugly, I literally look twice the size I was before and what's worst of all is that I now have to face a whole load of people over Christmas who haven't seen me in a few months and who will no doubt be thinking "oh my God, she's let herself get really fat again, how could she let that happen?"

I feel like such a loser and like all I want to do is climb under a rock and never come out again. I feel so ashamed at myself.

I just wondered if anyone had any tips for getting over this. Right now I am trying so hard not to hate myself but it's difficult.

submitted by /u/pinksparklybirdy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2rP9Xoh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...