Dont let Yesterday Ruin Today; My Food Confession

I love hearing about everyones victories but I also think its important to share transgressions. For the audience it reminds them that people can make mistakes and not abandon the new lifestyle they are trying to maintain. For the transgressor it keeps them accountable. The mind is a funny thing, and for myself if I dont own up to the mistakes I make in my diet, I tend to pretend they didn't happen. Then im puzzled as to why I didn't lose. I want to share a big mistake last night. One that I didn't see coming bc I had such a great mental attitude and had been doing so well.

I read a great quote someone on here shared just the other day, "Discipline is choosing between what you want now & what you want most"...I liked it so much I image searched it for a photo & made it my new home screen on my phone. I did great all day, was well below my calorie quota and found myself around 7pm with almost 700 calories to spare. A friend then invited me out for drinks. It had not been that long sense id gone out with her for drinks. I had no reason to over indulge. I could have had a light dinner and afforded 2 drinks easily, been satisfied and ended the night.

I did not do that. I drank a whole 750 ml bottle of the sweetest wine that ever existed & according to my fitness pal it was about 530 calories. Now at this point I still had not ruined my day, I had 170 calories left. I could have had a very light dry salad for dinner or a piece of baked chicken breast and headed to bed satisfied. Nope, instead I ate a huge bowl of mashed potatoes & gravy, hard to say how many calories it was bc they were leftovers & I didn't weigh it. I estimated it was about the equivalent of 4 sides of KFC mashed potatoes & gravy which amounted to almost 500 calories.

I went to bed completely disgusted with myself. It is never as satisfying as you think it will be in the moment. I was looking at that last glass of wine and thought, "Its too sweet, I dont even want it....meh." and drank it anyway. I was fumbling around in the kitchen and thought, "I shouldn't even eat anything, im not even very hungry...but I want something...I could eat that salad I prepped for my lunch tomorrow...oOoOOOoo look at that big bowl of mashed potatoes and gravy, that'll hit the spot! Its just tonight, I wont do this again for a long long time. Ya, itll be so worth it."....

Well it wasn't. As I was shoveling potatoes into my face I thought the first bite was awesome but as I continued beyond what my hunger called for I thought, "Meh, this isn't even good anymore. But there is just this much left, not worth saving...I should just stop and throw the rest away...But, nah ill just finish it."...

So I woke up this morning still thinking about how just TWO choices trashed my day. Its so easy to make a weightloss day into a maintain day or even gain day. I wish it was equally as easy to do the opposite. I forgive myself though. Today is a new day and I can totally make up for yesterday! Im just gonna bump up my deficit for today and fill my belly with an enormous salad for lunch and have some chicken for dinner. Im not gonna let last night ruin today.

Woo, I feel better getting that off my chest.

submitted by /u/Penetrative
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2EgHOip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...