NSV over Soda

So I am very early in my efforts to lose weight and gain health. Another poster had advised me to make smaller weekly goals and build on that. So I have been working towards that. One of my biggest downfalls is soda. I have a major addiction to cola drinks in particular. And diet sodas never tasted good to me so it's been an all or nothing relationship for the past 15 years. So a couple weeks ago I counted how many sodas I would drink in a week. I averaged at least 30 oz (or about a liter) daily. So I set a goal to cut that in half for the week, and I did! Then I cut that in half, and so on. Last week I had about 30 oz for the total week. This week rather than cut it in half I'm just going to take the plunge and give it up all together. I have high hopes for this week of another NSV over soda. My husband doesn't drink soda except for a Peruvian drink called Inca Cola and that isn't easy to get where we live without paying a lot for shipping. He said he would help me with my "soda sober" efforts. It's weird, other than soda and the occasional hot chocolate none of the drinks I like contain sugar. I don't drink juice, I love herbal tea and never drink it sweetened. I'm not into alcohol bc of family history of alcoholism. Really soda is my biggest liquid vice that is unhealthy. I am very excited! Thanks for reading if you did. The support means a lot to me.

submitted by /u/rockyroadalamode
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2P3Cobt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...