Newbie! Sharing my story

Hi r/loseit! I am new to reddit and to this subthread so please lmk if this post is inappropriate... I want to share my story with y'all in hopes of finding a community to help me on this journey.

I am a recent college graduate who is looking for a fresh start. I was always a "fat" kid, and when I was in high school I became obsessed with fitness and exercise (I played basketball, practiced martial arts, P90X, and Insanity DVDs). I lost a lot of weight but stressed my body and had arthroscopic hip surgery. This surgery hit me hard and my mental health suffered. Years later I developed an eating disorder. College was also a rough time and I gained ~40lbs.

Because of my past, I am very scared to go "all in" with a fitness routine because food and fitness are triggers for me.

How can I get started in a way that will be healthy for me now and sustain long-term results?

Stats: I am 5'3", F, 180lbs. My goal weight (which I have achieved as a teen) would be 135lbs because that is when I felt most healthy and proud of my body. I enjoy yoga, boxing, bike riding, and weight lifting.

I appreciate any advice!

Thank you all for reading :)

submitted by /u/ExtremeCell
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Ok85N4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...