May I vent for a minute?

Down 85 pounds. I feel better than I have since I was in high school, and that was MANY years ago.

Yesterday, a friend I'd not seen since January and I got together for supper. He took one look at me, and said "You've lost a lot of weight....are you OK"?

I assured him that I was doing this on purpose, and that I was about 20 pounds away from my goal weight, I'd been working hard, walking, cycling, eating smart, etc etc.

​

His reply? "Are you sure it's not cancer? Maybe it's cancer. Have you been to the Dr"?

​

We had a further discussion, and it was almost like he'd rather me be sick than to acknowledge that I was working hard to make this happen.

​

Now, this isn't having any affect on what I'm doing, and I realize it's on HIM, not me. I'm not asking for any advice. I just found it somewhat unsettling, and needed some friendly ears to vent to for a minute.

​

Thanks, y'all!

submitted by /u/icecreamwsprinkles
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zwOqF5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...