started moving......want to move a little more

First time posting in here. Hoping to get some ideas/advice on a short at home routine. I have a desk job and up until September was pretty sedentary at work and at times at home as well. Since September, I’ve been working on lowering my calorie intake and started moving. I've lost a pound or two here and there so far but I'm not actively tracking the actual numbers - my thought process being I figure I'll start moving and making small changes first to prep my mind and body and now i want to actively lose the weight.

For the calories part - Breakfast is either just a bagel w/ cheese or a cereal bar I keep in desk at work or something. Lunch is something brought from home vs. fast food or going out for lunch. Dinner ranges from chicken tendies in air fryer to more "real" food like grilled meat and side of veggies. My main goal I've been doing for all meals is smaller portions/less servings than I have before (not going back for seconds, more veggies vs. french fries, etc.)

For the moving part - During work i go for a short walk on my lunch (just shy of a mile for just over 20 minutes). I'm first one home after work and I try to stay busy/"active" by picking up the house/dishes/cooking dinner/playing with son, etc. My main goal I try to shoot for is basically staying on my feet/moving.

At this point, i want to add some sort of "workout" routine to the mix to help w/ burning the calories, losing a little more and more. After working all day, picking up house/playing w/ kid, and/or any other errands to be done I’m usually too mental drained to focus on a 30+ minute workout though.

Are there any suggestions to a 5 to 10 minute lower impact/calorie burning/keep active type of workout i can do either before/after dinner or maybe first thing in the morning when there's some quiet time ?

Thanks in Advance!

submitted by /u/Noobdaddy0125
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Od2isT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...