Sometimes I just stare at myself in the mirror

Hi all! Since early July I have lost about 30 pounds and just wanted to share a little non scale victory with you all that I found really surprising and hopeful.

When I was at my heaviest I avoided mirrors and pictures at all costs. I’m still having a hard time with pictures (old habits die hard) but mirrors are like a whole new world for me! I. Can’t. Stop. Looking. I’m not at my goal weight, still have 20 more pounds to lose but I have already started loving the way I look again. So much so that I can’t stop looking! Every time I pass by a mirror I almost do a double take, thinking “that can’t be me” and then realizing it is me. Or when I accidentally open my front facing camera and I’m not immediately repulsed by my double chin.

I’m not trying to brag about my appearance by any means because like I said I still have another 20 pounds to lose, but it’s so nice to not hate your appearance. Hatred takes a lot of energy, so to hate yourself is probably the most draining and damaging things you can do. I don’t mean to get too deep in a mostly happy post, but this community showed me how important it is to forgive and love yourself throughout this entire journey. Good luck to you all!

submitted by /u/cdg2m4nrsvp
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QlWgHQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...