I weighed myself yesterday and found out I'm a whopping 190 pounds. I'm around 5'6" and I'm 22F. My boyfriend has a recent checkup and he's 120 pounds (he's also on service in Africa and can't have pizza everyday). I've definitely gained 10-20 pounds since we have been together (~1.5 years) but I'm mortified I weigh so much. Maybe this is too much information but I seriously don't think I can be intimate with him anymore until I lose some weight.
I've been told to lose weight all my life. I used to swim and that used to help but after I started high school things just went downhill. I've been overweight since. I want to make a change and my boyfriend is always encouraging and saying we will work on our weight together when he's done but I want to start now. I will start counting calories and I definitely eat more than I need to sometimes because:
a) I'm bored
b) I'm depressed so in an episode I will keep eating in a weird set-yourself-up-for-failure-because-you-deserve-to-fail kind of way
One reason I don't eat at home a lot is because I don't like my housemates (I'm in college and live in a student house) and I don't want to see or talk to them when I'm cooking. I know it's petty but I'm going to try and get up earlier so I have the kitchen to myself and I can prep meals for the week (I've done this before and it's greatly helped me not eat out since I have something readily available regardless of if it's a salad or pasta). I'm wondering if something else would help me like intermittent fasting? I'm looking for info as I get started too I guess.
Truthfully I'm scared of failing and i know if I slip up I'll be hard on myself and then go into a downwards spiral. I just want to find a method that minimises that.
I would appreciate if someone could help me get started. For now, I just want to lose 10 pounds. After that I can focus on losing another 10 pounds.
Thanks in advance.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Jiwq52
No comments:
Post a Comment