NSV: I haven't eaten the ice cream

I love ice cream. I would guiltlessly down an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's in one sitting. I always wanted ice cream. So when I started eating better, I knew I had to cut it out entirely. I haven't had ice cream or milkshakes in two and a half months. Then, a few days ago, my SO brought home a couple of those single serving Haagen-Dazs containers.

And I didn't eat it immediately. I put them in the freezer, and proceeded to make dinner. We ate dinner. And I was satisfied. I didn't eat the ice cream, even when my SO ate one right beside me. I actually forgot it was even in there until this morning, when I went to grab some fish to thaw for tonight. And I'm not sure I'm feeling it tonight either.

I have no desire for the ice cream. I think that one realization has made me happier than finally getting out of my plateau and hitting 25 pounds down.

I know quitting something entirely isn't for everyone. But lord it helped me. If I'm craving something sweet, I'll reach for some fresh fruit or dried dates or something rather than candy. When I stopped ice cream and milkshakes, I started blending black coffee, almond milk, and ice to make frappes. And I think I like those even more than the candy and ice cream, because they taste fresher and better, and I don't feel gross and bloated afterwards.

submitted by /u/tadpole511
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ECbvv0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...