Just had an idea for motivation and thought I'd share!

Hello all! CW is 210 lbs, GW is 170 lbs. I'm just getting started (again) on my progress, and it's been tough going. Motivation has been an issue for me. I had an idea, though, on how I can motivate myself, and I wanted to share it with everybody in case it's useful for others.

​

I have a bunch of clothing in my closet that I LOVE but that doesn't fit me anymore. I bought a lot of it when I had succeeded in losing weight three years ago and was feeling amazing. I was about 170-180 then, and some of these items fit pretty snugly. I hate to get rid of them, because I love them so much and I miss wearing them. But they are just making me sad and frustrated when I see them hanging in my closet, sometimes try to put them on, and then discover/remember that they don't fit.

​

Here is my idea - I am going to box them up, maybe a couple at a time, and wrap them as gifts to myself. When my body has adjusted back to where I can fit into them again, I get to unwrap them. Some of the exciting gifts I'll be giving myself include:

​

- A bunch of soft, comfortable plaid flannel shirts

- A pair of dark-wash jeans that made my legs look fantastic

- A slinky little black dress

- An adorable blue dress with bicycle print

- My favorite museum souvenir t-shirts

​

Has anyone else tried this tactic before?

submitted by /u/green_carbon07
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2yFDRix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...