Over the past 8 months, I've completely changed my lifestyle. I eat healthier and work out almost every day. I've lost 23 pounds! But a few weeks ago, I suddenly got hit with excruciating pain in my lower back. After 2 ER visits, I discovered that I had a large kidney stone that got stuck. I ended up with a kidney infection, and had to get surgery to have the stone removed. I didn't eat for an entire week, because I couldn't keep food down, and the pain was so bad that morphine wouldn't even touch it.
Long story short, I got the stone analyzed, and found out that many of the things I was eating to be healthy are what caused the stone. Spinach, strawberries, raspberries, sweet potatoes, excess protein, dark chocolate, etc. I already drink tons of water. Now I'm feeling extremely discouraged because I feel like I did all of this for nothing. I don't want to stop, and I don't plan to stop, but it's kind of scary not knowing when this is going to happen again.
Has this happened to anyone else? Did you end up with a severely restricted diet? The diet list is bullshit IMO, because it says high fructose corn syrup is OK, but several fruits and vegetables aren't.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2P0T7jr
No comments:
Post a Comment