"Cheese is technically a condiment" and other ignorant statements

Hi friends!! For the most part, the biggest hurdle for me has been with myself & my own discipline, but lately the struggle has been refraining from punching my coworker in the face every time he inserts his unwanted comments about my food choices. You all know the drill--nod & smile, don't engage, perhaps ask them to stop. But I have a really hard time being confrontational and this person has been a "friend-ish" for many years so it's kind of a delicate thing to navigate. We don't hang out outside of work, but I'd say he is the closest thing to a friend I have in this work place. Anyhoo, yesterday he helped himself to looking in my lunch box than commented that I didn't need to count calories, said I wasn't eating enough...then judgmentally said "well if that is how you eat then....what happens?? I mean do you just eat like shit on the weekends or something??? Basically saying I must be closet eating whole sleeves of Oreos or I wouldn't still be overweight? He then goes on to say counting calories is bullshit among other untrue comments but ended his pontification with "cheese is technically a condiment, and as far as I'm concerned condiments are calorie-free"

Here's the kicker: he is approximately 400+ lbs. and I'm not being dramatic. He is very very obese. So...how do you guys deal with unwanted comments from people who you can't necessarily tell off? Obviously his opinion is shit bc....way bigger than me....but still, it gets old. Do you have a hard time biting your tongue when the person giving you a hard time is much heavier/unhealthier than you?

submitted by /u/BoogerBreff
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2qbWyFS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...