What my day used to look like
Breakfast: I was never much of a breakfast eater but would sometimes get a Taco Johns Breakfast Burrito, thats a huge burrito, filled with sausage and nacho cheese and shredded cheese and potatoes and onions and peppers and sour cream and it was very heavy and very greasy. Or when someone brought in donuts I would help myself to one of those frosted & filled long johns. Mostly though id just have one of those large McDonald's Coffee Frappe's.
Lunch: 6 piece Chicken Strip Basket from Dairy Queen (extra gravy of course), maybe a big sugar filled coffee drink with it, or an ice cream. Sometimes I would bring my lunch from home, leftovers, a pound of lasagna or huge bowl of spaghetti...Id try to be good sometimes too though, I had the occasional salad with plenty of dressing.
Dinner: That has always been an anything goes. I am a decent home cook and spared no calories to get my family a big 3 course meal every evening. A protein, a vegetable & starch. Plenty of cheese and a lot of butter and heavy on the carbs. I mean, you dont have to be a very good cook if you use enough butter lol.
Dessert: I was pretty much incapable of watching television without eating. When the day was done and the kiddo & my husband were in bed, this was when I would have the opportunity to indulge in something that I would be ashamed of for anyone to know. I did this in secret. I would pull out a tub of ice cream and fill up a big bowl of it. Id see what I could come up with to put on it to, bc the ice cream wasnt enough. Id get nutella & or peanut butter or even cream cheese frosting to put on top of my ice cream.
This is how I reached my highest weight of 350 pounds.
Fast forward how ever long, its been a slow journey and thats ok. It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you dont stop.
What my day is like now:
Breakfast: Coffee & Sugar Free Creamer, usually its less than 100 calories, depends on how many cups I get time to drink.
Lunch: Big salad, lots of lettuce & spinach and cabbage and carrot and onion and sometimes I throw in broccoli florets for funsies. I mix up 1/2 a cup of fat free cottage cheese with a few tbs of Tapatio hot sauce and thats my dressing. I mix it up, sometimes my salads have chicken instead of cottage cheese and sometimes I play around with a greek vibe. My lunches average 500 calories, give or take a hundred or so. I no longer eat out for lunch. I dont even recall the last time I consumed fast food. Which is nothing short of a miracle bc I spent a long time trying to break that habit...a long long time.
Dinner: Protein Veg & Starch still, just cooked quite differently and with health & calorie count in mind. Dinner calorie count varies quite a bit but is usually less than 900 calories.
Dessert: NOTHING, ive been binge free for many many months. Sometimes ill get a little something something, a single hershey kiss, or a tablespoon of peanut butter, some popcorn...but I make darn sure to have a witness.
Sometimes I have 1200 calorie days, sometimes I have 3000 calorie days. My aim is to be a 2000 calories or less every day. I have had more triumphant days than not
That is how I lost 65 pounds
I recently bought some new jeans for winter. I went from a size 26 to a size 18, thats 5 dress sizes ive lost.
I have much more to lose and have started focusing more on exercise and devising my winter workout routine.
Ive been obese basically my entire life (im still obese) and have never experienced this level of success or felt this amount of positivity and actually feel like I can totally do it. I am doing it, its happening right now. Im positively thrilled. I have tamed the hardest part, the mental side of it. I have control over my emotional eating habits, my binging...I have a firm grip on it now and it is extremely empowering. I feel like I could move mountains.
I know a lot of people say it, but I really really mean it, "If I can do it, anyone can."
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PPLfyE
No comments:
Post a Comment