80 down https://imgur.com/gallery/FODpdQP
11 months ago I was tipping the scale at 305lbs, the heaviest I have ever been in my 37 years on this planet. I had high cholesterol, blood pressure, sleep apnea, and a constant flare up of gout. I needed a change in my life and I had to start write away.
Food was always a major factor in my life. I loved to cook, eat, read about food. I ran a little independent food blog called Devour The City. It got so popular that I started to get invited to restaurant openings all over New York City. This led to a lot of great eating drinking, 3 to 4 time a week.
I told myself that if I wanted to drop the weight I had to give up the blog, which was already dieing out. That ment no more media previews, posting pictures on Instagram, etc.
Little by little I made some changes. First and foremost, exercise. I workout 5 days a week. No matter what is going on in my life, I block out 2 hours to exercise. If I feel like garbage that day, I still make time to walk on the tredmill for an hour. I also bought a smart watch and track my steps, I do 20,000 steps a day. Weighting myself every morning helped alot as well.
My eating habits changed drastically. I swapped out my daily eating a donut, a bacon, egg and cheese, sandwich, pizza, etc, for a banana, egg whites and turkey bacon and a boatload of RX Bars, nuts, fish and veggies. But once a week, I HAVE and WILL eat an entire pizza, by myself. Treat yoself!
Just like everyone else I had those days where I didn't see the progress or my weight went up when hitting the scale. I did everything in my power not to let it deter me from my goal. I just told myself I have to work harder, starting right now!
The best piece of advice I can give someone going out on this journey is diets don't work. Change your life and you'll see a change! Just keep pushing! I'm rooting for you!!!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CDjdT5
No comments:
Post a Comment