Update #1: Losing 21 lbs (Sept 21 to Nov 21)

Hi everyone! I recently posted on September 21 about losing 21 pounds by November 21. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link the original post here, so I might comment it below. For those of you who said you were interested in joining, I hope that your first week went well. I'm going to spend this update filling in on my progress and maybe outlining a few things I'll be doing going forward.

I also want to say a big thank you to all my Fitbit friends in the challenge. We did the Workweek Hustle together and I absolutely loved it. It was great motivation to get up and moving this past week.

Weight Progress

For this first week, I set my goal to lose 2.5 lbs. My goal weigh-in for Sept 29 was 194.1 lbs.

Weigh-in on Sept 21: 196.6 lbs

Weigh-in on Sept 29: 193 lbs

Goal Progress: Met! (-3.6 lbs)

This is obviously more than what I thought I would lose. I will be looking closely at the next week to see if I lose the same amount. I believe changing my diet to high protein, low carb may have resulted in losing a bit more weight. But hitting my step goal more often may have helped as well.

CICO and Activity Progress

I set my CICO for this challenge to be Calories In of 1200/1300 kcal and Calories Out to be 2400 kcal. My BMR before this challenge was already at 2200 kcal. I tried to burn more calories by making sure I hit my step count every day, and I also tried to make sure I was active for a continuous 45 minutes each day by taking a 2 mile walk (barring weather or work related obstacles).

*Data from Sept 21 to Sept 28

AVG CI: 1291 kcal

AVG CO: 2514 kcal

AVG Step Count: 10,250 steps (or 4.29 miles a day)

As you can see, I definitely hit my CICO goals, even surpassing my CO goal that I set. I have my step goal set for 9,000 steps a day, but I might be increasing it to 9,500 or 10,000 in the next few weeks. I really liked the amount of walking I did; I felt very peaceful when I walked and every day I felt like I had plenty of energy. I'd rather increase my calories in then decrease my activity at this point.

Thanks for all of the motivation and I hope that I can continue to see great progress throughout the rest of this challenge! If you have any questions or any suggestions, please let me know. Also, I've never posted something like this on Reddit before, so let me know if I need to fix/edit anything for easier reading.

submitted by /u/ms_macattack
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xJJBHK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...