TLDR at the bottom. (I ramble a bit.)
At the beginning of 2018 I was the heaviest I've ever been, and I felt it. It wasn't so much that I didn't like the way I looked (my butt was awesome), but rather that I felt unhealthy. There was always some minor thing bothering me, and I knew it was because I'd formed a lot of bad habits when it came to food, sleep, and exercise.
In February I realized I needed external motivation and signed up for an app I'd heard about that I would pay into each month, and if I met my goal weight by the date specified I got all my money back plus some extra winnings. If I didn't lose the weight, if lose the money. That worked like a charm, and in the beginning of August I got my winnings and was thrilled to be in better shape than, well, ever.
Unfortunately, without the risk of losing money I wasn't as dedicated. The final semester of my grad degree started up, and with it came convenience foods, stress eating, and late night study sessions that made it difficult to wake up at 5:30 for a morning run. Slowly but surely, the pounds seemed to make their way back. I started tracking my calories again, and while I'd eat more than I burned occasionally, I wasn't eating anywhere near enough to account for what the scale was saying I'd gained. I even fixed up an older scale that had broken to double check my digital scale. It said the same thing. What the heck?
Well, yesterday I went on a day hike, and my last meal was around 8 PM. When I weighed myself this morning, I was magically several pounds lighter. That's when I realized the extra weight wasn't actually body weight--it was poop. When I was losing weight I'd eat dinner at 7:00 and never eat later than 8:00, then weigh myself in the morning after going to the bathroom. Now I'm often snacking until 3:00 AM while I do my homework, so my first bathroom break of the day isn't clearing me out the way it used to. If I had ever waited until after my second BM of the day to weight myself (without eating beforehand) I probably would have seen that my weight has been fairly consistent.
TLDR: If you aren't getting the results you think you should be, try not eating too late and pooping before you weigh yourself in the morning. The difference is surprising.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2DF6VMh
No comments:
Post a Comment