All those years of gaining and losing and gaining again, and I never learned what I finally got here on r/loseit. As soon as I was done dieting, I went back to what I thought was normal eating. Only it wasn't normal eating, it was a few hundred calories more a day than I needed to maintain that lower weight. It's like my "set point" was a mental thing - what my mind thought was a normal food intake, and it was wrong. If there had been a different calculator, perhaps, one that said at this many calories, height/age/sex, you will gain to X weight, then perhaps I'd have gotten it, maybe.
But now I have. I've slowed down, but am slowly approaching my goal weight. It's hard to accept that I'll have to mindfully watch my calorie intake forever, because my mental "set point" is wrong, my intuitive eating habits suck, and our culture is full of food temptations and triggers. Well, so be it. It's just like learning to balance your budget, and not frittering away money on things you can't afford. I'm good at handling/balancing my finances, I am now learning the habits to be good at balancing this too. That's the plan.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PBroTg
No comments:
Post a Comment