I guess this question must have been asked a few times already, but I just couldn't find an answer. I just often read on here that one's body won't fall into starvation mode as long as it has fat. I'm not thinking about trying out any drastic diets or similar, I'm just curious. I know about the BMR and the TDEE and everything, I know that you have to have a deficit of 500 cals a day in order to lose one pound per week. That's simple maths in my opinion. So what's the thing about starvation mode not being real? Are there any scientific articles on that?
Other than that, as I said, I read a lot on here that there is no starvation mode as long as you carry around fat and that your body will lose that fat due to a deficit, because your body then will use your "reserves" (aka fat). BUT: In school I was taught that before accessing the fat the body will reduce the muscles (I don't remember the exact background to that). This would then mean if a person eats a deficit all that person in the first place would lose is muscles. And THEN fat. So as example, if you work out you will build up muscle but with the calorie deficit your body will take away that muscles from you? Is this correct in theory? Or is this not how the body works? And if so, how does it work exactly?
As I said, I'm just curious and trying to understand the human body. If there are already answers to these questions somewhere, I would appreciate to just get a link to those posts. Thanks in advance!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LLLyHS
No comments:
Post a Comment