I've been lazily doing OMAD for a while now, and logging slow but steady progress. Yesterday, I threw all reason out the window and indulged like the glutton I am.
Started the day with a breakfast burrito and a Rockstar energy drink. Hit up Burger King for lunch and ate a double whopper, fries, Surge soda, and about 40% of a Jalapeño King after my wife couldn't finish hers. A couple of hours later and I have a Crystal Pepsi and a half box of those soft, frosted Loft house cookies. By the time I get home I don't feel terrific, but I sit down to a meal of grilled chicken, salad with ranch dressing, and garlic bread with the family. Later that evening I'm stalking the kitchen because I feel less than great, and my body is telling me that eating more will make it better. I end up eating a few more cookies and a couple of slices of cold leftover pizza. It did not make me feel better, and the only thing that brought relief was finally just going to bed.
Today after waking up the ravenous, terrible feeling is gone, and I'm back on OMAD.
Something I noticed pretty clearly that might help others. Eating junk makes you want to eat more junk. My best guess as to why is blood glucose and insulin response. You eat the junk, your blood glucose soars then promptly crashes once your insulin response kicks in. You feel terrible and crave more junk because of the prior dopamine hit and a desire to get that blood glucose back up.
My efforts going forward will be to keep up the OMAD, as my baseline feels pretty good with zero to minimal craving, and try to restrict my one meal to foods that won't cause a blood sugar spike, like proteins and veggies.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ov7zRT
No comments:
Post a Comment